About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We’re looking for a hardworking and energetic Senior Medical Operations Associate to develop, implement, and own workflows to support our patients at every step of their migraine care journey. In this role, you’ll work directly with providers, patients, and insurance carriers to play a critical role in expanding access to specialized migraine treatments.
The ideal candidate is a deeply empathetic and highly organized individual who is passionate about offering best in class support to patients and providers. They consistently go above and beyond for patients to help them navigate even the most challenging parts of the healthcare landscape, and are comfortable working with physicians and other clinical providers as part of the broader care coordination process. They’re a creative problem solver who’s committed to continuous improvement, and are eager to share patient feedback and insights with their team.
This is an ideal role for an individual with experience working with patients in a clinical setting who’s looking to apply those skills in a new way. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a healthcare brand that people can love and to create an exceptional experience for patients across the country. Our patients look to Cove for support, guidance, and empathy as they navigate a challenging and often misunderstood chronic condition.
This role reports to our Medical Operations Lead.
Some things you will work on:
- Provide friendly, empathetic, timely support to migraine patients and internal Cove team on administrative tasks, inquiries related to Cove orders, prior authorizations, and insurance coverage
- Support Cove’s clinical providers with day-to-day operations, providing guidance on processes and technical support questions
- Own operational processes to support Cove’s pharmaceutical partners
- In partnership with clinical team, develop and maintain clear documentation and training materials to educate providers about common insurance carrier requirements for migraine medications
- In collaboration with Medical Director, monitor consultations for quality assurance and surface feedback on ways to improve the provider experience
- Monitor patients’ progress through the care journey, and proactively surface insights and ideas for ways to improve their experience
- Work proactively with patients’ insurance companies and local pharmacies to verify coverage details and obtain accurate information where needed
- Work hand in hand with Cove’s Care Team as a liaison between Care Specialists and our clinical team
- Proactively suggest ways to optimize internal processes and surface patient feedback
- Find ways to raise the bar on patient experience, to ensure we’re always delivering the best possible experience to everyone
You should have:
- At least 2+ years of experience in a customer or patient-facing role. Experience in a medical setting (clinic or pharmacy) or insurance company is a major plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets and experience analyzing data
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the prior authorization process (and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, and commercial insurance) is a plus
- Experience with the CoverMyMeds platform is a big plus
- Superb judgement, the ability to think quickly on your feet, and deep empathy
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to learn the ins and outs of a fast-moving startup - you’re a team player who’s eager to learn
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.