About the job
This role can be located in Seattle, Nashville, Washington DC, Boston, or New York City.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Occupational Medicine Leader for the position of North America (NA) Sr. Medical Advisor (MA). The Sr. MA will report into the Global Medical Director and will be engaged in defining the overall clinical strategy, facilitation of care, and will guide the overall health services strategy within WHS and Amazon leadership teams.
- Create/maintain a strategic health roadmap for North America that aligns with the WHS Global Medical Team, to include: standard work, reporting, metrics, trend analysis, and action planning/execution
- Advise and take the lead on developing medical solutions and managing operating relationships with on-site clinics, off-site vendors, and supporting programs.
- Advise local and central teams regarding the Medical Service findings and needs, with the objective of collecting and adjusting to the real needs of the company; delivering innovative ideas.
- Produce statistical data to report trends in key risk areas, for senior management.
- Support an integrated model of healthcare practice and care across all field NA business units, driving program improvement and Day 1 mentality across existing programs.
- Collaborate with internal and external health stakeholders to positively impact the quality of medical care and occupational health service to assure protection of the global workforce and improve overall quality of life of employees by assisting in developing and revising policies with medical components as needed.
- Provide guidance in the operation of the occupational and environmental programs in accordance with regulatory, state, corporate, and accreditation requirements.
Leverage knowledge of medical, public health, and wellness issues to develop the care strategy.
- Leverage clinical judgment, compassion, and interpersonal skills to develop a broad institutional perspective and work collaboratively with colleagues in other areas of the company.
- Track implementation of training programs to meet the needs of managers and associates in regards to critical issues.
- Advocate for the employee experience in the context of relevant business units, ensuring alignment to strategic initiatives and compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Build management and employee commitment to safety through influence, not authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have an advanced degree in Clinical Medicine, Public Health or Healthcare Administration.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Occupational Medicine or Corporate Health, which includes at least 5 years of experience in clinical administration
- Broad healthcare experiences, having worked in complex environment(s) focused on improving the health of employees
- Experience with wellness, disease management and prevention programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communicator, with written, verbal and presentation skills that can be tailored to multiple audiences
- Ability to travel domestically as needed by the company: up to 25%
- MD, DO
- Board-certified by either the American Board of Preventive Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine in occupational medicine (and / or equivalent non-NA) Additional Board Certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine is a plus (and / or equivalent non-NA)
- COHN-S credential
- Experience managing compliance requirements including HIPAA and GDPR
- Expert in areas of ADA, OSHA, and legal aspects of managing the health of employee populations
- Demonstrated understanding of the Family Medical Leave Act and related impact on total absence management
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through healthcare improvements and advancement platforms
- Demonstrated success in articulating, evaluating and reporting goals and achievements, areas of improvement and measuring returns on investments
- Strong quantitative skills with an aptitude for information technology and innovation
- Proven ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders and stakeholders through logical reasoning, relevant data, and the presentation of alternative solutions
- Capable of implementing and tracking new solutions to challenges in healthcare
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1664328