- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working in the healthcare and life sciences sector or related (such as consulting).
- 2 years of experience managing technical programs or projects and building collaborative partnerships internally and externally.
- Experience working on deployment of technology into healthcare settings (including EMR, medical devices, research programs)
- Experience driving projects to completion with little supervision in ambiguous and frequently-changing environments
- Background in Bio-Engineering, Healthcare, or Medicine
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform particularly the healthcare offering
- Familiarity with machine learning and experience and interest in academic publishing
- Passion for improving health for all
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Health's mission is to "help people live more life every day." We're applying Google's unique capabilities to improve people's health. For example, we've developed an AI based automated diabetic retinopathy screening solution (see our blog post here). These products are now being tested and deployed in real clinical settings. In parallel, we are collaborating with various researchers to advance more research areas.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage our research and deployment projects on the ground end-to-end, from defining proposals, clarifying roles and responsibilities, managing the development of features required, tracking progress, and measuring impact
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and keep them informed on the progress
- Develop a deployment playbook which could scale to multiple partners, use cases, and regions
- Drive technical and clinical discussions with our partners to define requirements and translate them into executable Product, Engineering and Program pieces
- Develop a strategy for our ongoing projects to scale in APAC by taking key factors into consideration (e.g., local needs, healthcare systems, regulatory environment, local policy IT infrastructure)