Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
MITRE’s Open Health Services group needs an experienced clinician in the Digital Health domain to join our team for a full-time position at MITRE’s Bedford site. You will be architecting, implementing, and analyzing health information systems as a member of our Digital Health group.
This position will require a strong background in the healthcare domain, clinical systems, and a combination with experience in software and IT systems. Ideal candidates will be able to apply modern information systems design and their experience in Digital Health to national health system problems facing our sponsors. You will be responsible for helping to lead an effort to create and rapidly test high impact and innovative digital approaches to healthcare delivery, leveraging analytical analysis and insights.
MITRE’s Digital Health group brings together their shared expertise in clinical workflows, informatics, and health industry experience to help our sponsors drive towards improved clinical outcomes, enhanced interoperability, and shared decision-making between providers and patients. MITRE’s Digital Health group strives to provide solutions to the deeply troubling performance issues in our existing healthcare system. You will be working with a team that is designing and developing open source software tools to aid in this work. You will be responsible for ensuring that new artifacts are based on evidence-based findings, and the process you use will be transparent, so users will understand where any additional knowledge or specificity is required to transform practice recommendations into functional clinical systems implementations. You must have an excellent knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of the latest software technologies. You need a demonstrated track record of successfully working in teams that have included a blend of clinical staff working collaboratively with software engineers, user experience designers , and population health experts.
This is an outstanding opportunity to have national impact on the US healthcare system, driving toward a higher quality of care, improved public health outcomes, at manageable costs.
- This position will require leadership and management of a team of clinicians and engineers to design, develop, pilot, and refine new clinical systems tools and artifacts.
- Evaluation and subject matter expertise in Informatics, clinical workflows, and Industry best practices in Digital Health
- Existing knowledge of healthcare systems and standards.
- Design of new healthcare systems as well as integration of existing systems.
- Ability to interface with senior leaders of federal healthcare agencies and departments, think creatively, and guide approaches to solutions based on a clinical understanding of the issues.
Qualifications - External
- Clinical degree (MD/DO, RN, PA, NP)
- Should have extensive experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, and Knowledge Management systems
- Experience working with production healthcare systems such as EHRs, Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), Interface Engines, or other clinical systems including LIS, CDS, RIS, PACS or ADT systems
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry, terminology, clinical roles, and national healthcare organizations is required
- A track record of successfully delivering on deadlines
- A desire to build services that both clinicians and patients will love and appreciate
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Master’s de gre e i n Administration , Publi c Health , Publi c policy , Nursin g, o r related field.
- A strong understanding of Healthcare IT standards (HL7 CDA-based standards and the HL7 FHIR)
- Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) and the associated data standards supporting the interoperability of CQMs in live, operational settings
- Familiarity and a proven track record leading pilot activities in a live/clinical setting with Electronic Health Record Systems, as well as the associated HIPPA and FISMA privacy and security policies that must be addressed when handling Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and the requirements and processes for working with Review Boards (IRBs)
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.