- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in operations such as scaled or sales operations, vendor management or process or organizational optimization.
- Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend hours.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse and reviewing online content.
- Experience with SQL and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
- Demonstrated business judgment, combined with influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As part of YouTube Trust and Safety, you will be directly responsible for making the internet safer, protecting free speech and defending our brand. You are passionate about cutting-edge policy developments, particularly on the Medical Misinformation, and applications in a digital age, and you want to help define how people around the world communicate with one another and express their points of view through YouTube. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, demanding environment where no two days are ever the same.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager, you are responsible for working with a global team from Policy, Enforcement, Product, Engineering, Tools, Legal and other teams to prevent violative content from appearing on the site. With cutting edge tools and technology, you evaluate abuse trends and quality within vendor operations, and develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows and processes. You review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. This role will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Research and stay up to date on key trends and suspicious patterns across policy areas, particularly Medical Misinformation.
- Oversee enforcement quality, including calibrations with vendor teams.
- Review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
- Be passionate about working cross-functionally, thinking strategically, and keeping our users safe while protecting free speech.