Location: US/Remote Based
Medical Education Content Development Intern
The Smith+Nephew global Medical Education Intern will help to populate a brand-new customer facing digital space focused on ensuring physicians and health care professionals have easy access to education and resources to reinforce the safe, effective and efficient use of our products across all franchises.
This role will work in partnership with the global curriculum team to help shape the look, feel and content of a newly launched education portal focused on providing curriculum across multiple specialties.
While helping to shape the look and feel of the education portal, this role will be responsible for helping to develop the framework for assessing effectiveness of the portal, assets and physician education pathways. At the end of this internship, this intern will present their recommendation of metrics and engagements to medical education leadership.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Sports Medicine (SPM) Content Development.
- Assist with migration of existing content to new customer facing education site. Edit and reshape existing content to fit with eLearning
- Translate Global Content created courses into eLearning curriculum modules using Articulate 360
- Develop experience utilizing the Totara platform. Organize, enter and update modules and courses on the LMS following the Educational Pathways structure
- Working across the S+N matrix, collaborate with subject matter experts and colleagues to review and post eLearning content. (Global Med Ed, Global Marketing)
- Facilitate content needs analysis with subject matter experts in Med Ed to ensure learning objectives align with desired learning outcomes
- Regularly review content upload cadence and assess progress based on content publication calendar and provide analysis making recommendations for improvement when appropriate
- Must be an undergraduate majoring in digital marketing, education, or related major throughout the duration of the internship
- Must be in excellent academic standing, 3.25 GPA preferred
- Experience or training in Digital Education, eLearning, Digital Marketing, Digitally mediated learning environments, or Educational Technology inclusive of eLearning, Knowledge Management and Digital Education Management (for example: Articulate Suite, Rise 360, Totara, Storyline.
- Professional English
- Experience with video editing software and ability to edit video as needed
- Understanding of analytics and ability to create reporting
- Knowledge of curriculum development and training preferred
- Knowledge of principles around adult learning, eLearning and digital education platform
- High learning agility with the ability to analyze and synthesize data and then present it to senior leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and drive project completion
- Critical thinking and the ability to work independently and within a team is required
Ability to assess technical issues and develop solutions utilizing an analytical approach to problem solving
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.