About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Evens, launched September 2019, and is the third brand from Thirty Madison. We’re hard at work to establish Evens as the end-to-end place for patients to manage a broad range of gastrointestinal conditions. We’re focused on solving for the unique needs of individuals who suffer from these conditions and are committed to building the best possible treatment pathways for our patients. We’re continuing to expand our portfolio of both physical and digital treatment options to create a more effective and efficient way for our patients to manage their conditions.
Our medical group, KMG, is recruiting a Medical Director to focus on Evens. This physician will be responsible for building a GI condition management quality program that’s second to none, streamlining best practices, and overseeing physicians who work on Evens.
In this role, you’ll build on the core physician infrastructure supporting Evens, starting with scaling our quality programs, enhancing our diagnostic and prescribing best practices, and establishing service level expectations required to deliver the highest quality of care. You will be responsible for overseeing other Evens physicians and ensuring that care is continuously delivered according to guidelines.
As a physician on the platform yourself, you will also assist patients with their unique GI conditions via asynchronous telemedicine consultations, which will help you keep your pulse on the Evens patient and their experience. The ideal physician is highly motivated by the opportunity Evens presents to change the traditional approach to GI treatment and dramatically redefine how care is delivered to millions of patients.
This position is remote and reports to the president of the medical group.
You are the right person for this role, if you are:
- Obsessed with delivering high-quality care with a high level of empathy to patients
- Committed to building an infrastructure around quality assurance and dissemination of provider feedback
- A proven leader, able to manage a team of physicians and enforce diagnostic and practice guidelines
- Passionate about asking intuitive questions and educating patients about their GI issues; while staying informed about the latest developments in medicine and gastrointestinal management
- Enthusiastic about collaborating with digital product and medical operations teams to continuously improve our physician portal and elevate the quality of care that we offer our patients
- Excited to collaborate with Evens team of medical advisors, comprised of leading gastroenterologists
- A highly collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude
- An expert at juggling multiple initiatives and prioritizing work effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
Some things you will work on:
- Refine and expand Evens clinical framework and implement new guidelines as needed, including but not limited to Evens diagnostic framework and Evens online patient consultation intake process
- Partner with business stakeholders, including the Evens General Manager, to help pilot, test and roll out new initiatives designed to enhance quality of care and improve the Evens customer experience
- Stay current on gastrointestinal treatment pathways and host regular training sessions for physicians who consult with Evens
- Perform medical consult reviews and provide feedback to physicians
- Review sample consults completed each week to provide specific feedback and coaching to physicians
- Extract learnings from consult reviews and organize continuing education trainings for physicians
- Perform asynchronous medical consults via the Evens platform on a weekly basis
- Represent Evens at conferences and in the community where applicable and appropriate
- Collaborate with Evens existing panel of medical advisors and the Evens business team on a set of cross-functional priorities (e.g., patient outcomes, publications, content for our Blog about GI conditions)
You should have:
- MD or DO with ABMS Board Certification in Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine
- Residency in Gastroenterology with a specialty in GI conditions
- At least 2 years of experience working in Telemedicine
- Minimum of four (4) years provider management experience
- Licensed to practice medicine in at least one of the following states: NY, CA, FL, TX, IL
- Availability to work on most weekdays for a few hours (vs. 2 days/week)
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.