Hinge Health is pioneering the world's most patient-centered Digital Clinic for back & joint pain. Hinge Health’s Digital Clinic is the #1 musculoskeletal (MSK) solution for employers and health plans. MSK conditions are the #1 medical spend for US employers. Hinge Health is finally making it easier to bring expert-recommended care to millions of patients by being the first company to combine wearable-sensor guided exercise therapy with 1-on-1 health coaching and patient education. Only Hinge Health has clinically validated outcomes across 4 peer-reviewed studies showing reductions in: chronic pain, opioid use, anxiety, depression, absenteeism, and costly surgeries.
4 in 5 employers with a digital MSK solution partner with Hinge Health and we’re poised to triple our customer base again in 2020. Hinge Health has raised $126M to date and has 300+ employees across our San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, and remote offices.
We’re looking for a physician with strong healthcare industry experience and musculoskeletal expertise to be the clinical point person for our commercial teams. You would attend sales meetings nationally, and deliver lectures and webinars to both commercial and clinical audiences. You will also help to develop proposals for new and existing partnerships, as you seek to establish strong relationships with other medical directors across the industry. In addition, you will help to improve the Hinge Health program by collecting and synthesizing requirements and will assist with the development of a variety of marketing materials. As we continue to grow, you will hire and build out a team of commercially-focused physicians.
If this role appeals to you, and you hit most of the requirements below, we'd love to chat!
WHAT YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH
- Play a key role in promoting the Hinge Health musculoskeletal programs by supporting sales meetings both virtually and in-person.
- Deliver lectures and webinars to both commercial and clinical audiences.
- Provide clinical input into partnership proposals and discussions with new and existing partners.
- Establish relationships with medical directors in health plans, self-insured employers, consulting organizations, health systems and other digital health vendors.
- Collect and synthesize external clinical requirements for Hinge product, operations, and clinical improvements.
- Over time, you will likely grow and manage a team of full-time and part-time commercially-focused medical staff.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- MD or DO with clinical experience in musculoskeletal care or pain management.
- Well-versed in contemporary musculoskeletal care and the biopsychosocial approach.
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience in commercially-oriented roles.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the healthcare industry, including roles of employers, health plans (commercial and Medicare), consultants and vendors.
- Team player who shows respect for colleagues across teams and levels of seniority.
- Comfortable with frequent travel.
- Board certification in a musculoskeletal-related specialty (orthopedic surgery, physiatry, sports medicine, pain management, etc.).
- Active medical license.
- 2+ years of post-training clinical musculoskeletal practice.
- 10+ years of healthcare industry experience in commercially-oriented roles.
- Deep industry relationships with health plans, consultants, vendors, etc.
- Background or interest in clinical research, education, technology, product design or innovation.
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Option to do outside clinical practice ½ - 1 day per week
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB