PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
The Office of Behavioral Health at H+H is seeking to hire a Medical Director of Behavioral Telehealth who will oversee and supervise the development, expansion, implementation of the clinical services and programs of Behavioral Telehealth Services system-wide. The provision of behavioral telehealth services serves to increase access to treatment and services and utilizes a platform consistent with the standards of community mental health and substance use disorder treatment. This allows easy access and increases the services that H+H Behavioral Health has capacity to offer. Also, this will help address staff shortages by strategically using existing staff to provide services across facilities.
The scope of these services includes but is not limited to: overseeing virtual urgent care behavioral health services; Developing telehealth services to members of partner MCOs; Telehealth services for contracted services for the City of New York; Service provision of OASAS grant defined services; Behavioral telehealth services provided at the acute care and ambulatory care facilities including both adult and child/adolescent.
Responsible for the behavioral telehealth portfolio through a combination of direct management of centralized programs, collaborative stewardship of facility-based programs, and participation in system-level telehealth initiatives.
- Develop, grow, and manage centralized behavioral telehealth programs that enhance access to high quality care with efficient stable hub-and-spoke behavioral health staffing models e.g. urgent care (virtual ExpressCare), emergency department, consultation-liaison, inpatient admitting, inpatient rounding, after-hours on-call, transfer center, and expert consultation.
- Collaboratively steward of facility-based behavioral telehealth programs: to enhance program success at all stages of development via leveraging system resources and aligning with system best practices.
- Participate in system level telehealth initiatives: to help ensure that system level initiatives meet behavioral health clinical and operational needs, and to foster successful participation of all behavioral programs in high-priority system level initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Deputy Medical Director of Behavioral Health.
- M.D. or D.O. and Board Certified in General Psychiatry.
- Completion of ACGME approved residency in psychiatry
- Valid NYS license to practice medicine, or the ability to obtain one
- Valid DEA
- Have at least 5 years of clinical behavioral health experience, and experience with telehealth services.
- Have demonstrated management skills in senior positions
- Have demonstrated leadership skills in the clinical environment
- Demonstrated teamwork and communication skills
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are welcome to apply
Please email your CV to Lea Power Carpenter, Director, Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com .
Please note proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire