Can you reach people with just a few words?
You express all of your ideas effortlessly, and have the skills to distill other people's ideas into their best possible form. Your messaging is not only clear and concise, but your medical expertise allows you to convey high-level scientific knowledge in meaningful and comprehensible communications. Does this sound like you? A Medical Director role with Cadent may be the perfect place for you.
The Medical Director is a key member of our scientific team who leads development of all scientific content, and is a mentor to junior members of the scientific team. This critical team member is a key point of contact for our clients on content-related matters and should feel comfortable taking a leading role in any client conversation. In this role, the Medical Director fosters client relationships and protects Cadent Medical Communications’ reputation for flawless execution. To achieve these goals, the Medical Director is expected to develop deep scientific knowledge of both the therapeutic category (inclusive of the treatment paradigm and competitive landscape) and the compound. The Medical Director will support new business initiatives by participating in RPIs/RFPs.
Cadent specializes in high science, high touch peer to peer medical communications. The company excels in translating complex science into compelling messages that deliver value and action. Cadent builds relationships and collaboration between the biopharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals.
Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following
- Responsible for the development of scientific content, including slide decks
- Serve as subject matter expert in multiple disease states
- Provide subject matter expertise to other team members, as needed
- Remain current on the latest clinical trial data and treatment trends
- Prioritize and organize workload; manage multiple overlapping work streams
- Conduct background and literature research to support new business efforts
- Mentor and assist in training junior-level team members
- Communicate clearly and articulately when writing and speaking
- Liaise directly with KOLs to support content execution
- Manage a team of biomedical writers and associate medical directors
- Provide constructive and actionable feedback
- Ensure efficient workflow
- Oversee appropriate support and staffing for clients
- Provide insights into best practices for developing content
- Oversee the development of content for multiple disease states/clients, including:
- Assisting medical writers and associate medical directors by ensuring appropriate messaging is communicated across all projects
- Providing strategic scientific and/or medical advice to clients
- Ensuring accuracy and quality of all projects
- Travel to advisory boards (as needed) and assists in:
- Providing client with strategic oversight
- Evaluating how feedback gained from the meeting impacts the client’s tactical plans
- Travel to scientific meetings (as needed) to assess market trends; build thought leader and client relationships
- Travel and deliver new business pitches, including:
- Building proposal and pitch decks
- Developing scientific insights and strategy
- Build client relationships through strategic partnership and understanding of client goals
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Advanced degree, MD or PhD preferred
- ≥5 years medical writing/medical communications experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with account teams, other writers, editors, physicians and clients
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information from multiple sources
- Communicate medical/technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Efficiently prioritize multiple tasks and provide effective direction to others; can quickly evaluate the resources necessary to accomplish a goal and put those into action
- Manage a team of writers, delegating work to appropriate staff as needed and ensuring project execution
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word experience
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
At Cadent, our workplace is flexible, family-oriented and places high importance on work-life balance. The engaging and rewarding nature of the work that we do is evident in the enthusiasm employees bring to the office every day. Overall, Cadent has a commitment to integrity, a commitment to client satisfaction and a commitment to employee satisfaction and development.
Cadent is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today’s fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We’re able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)