The Client Medical Director (CMD) is a key member of the Go To Market team. Along with the Client Engagement Leader, the CMD co-captains the team serving the Prospective Payment Management (PPM) client team at the health plan. The CMDs role is to serve as a coding and medical payment policy subject matter expert (SME). The CMD is responsible for directing the Medical Policy Committee (joint committee with health plan MD, coding experts, and payment integrity). The CMD will develop a relationship with the client, review their data, select medical policy to present, serve as SME for clinical and coding expertise, and back end support for the client’s Medical Director. The CMD will evolve as the trusted advisor for the Health Plan in terms of medical payment policy.
- Supporting existing client growth and new sales activity by identifying value-creation opportunities for our clients
- Presents appropriate payment policy to clients for adoption based on review of data analytics
- Defines mission and strategy with Client Engagement Leader; delivers strategy to client’s medical policy team
- Works alongside Medical Policy team to evaluate and validate editing
- Acts as a clinical liaison with our health plan clients
- Lend guidance to the research & development efforts of our Medical Policy and Solutions teams
- Have in-depth knowledge of claims, claims adjudication, medical policy edits and configurations
- Inspire trust and credibility, deliver on commitments, provide value-add analytics
- Assist in discovering opportunities for other Cotiviti product sales
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Health plan operations as a Medical Director, with focus on medical policy, medical coding, payment integrity and/or fraud/waste/abuse
- Experience in clinical medicine
- Adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads, multitasking, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Client Relationship Skills - Ability to develop strong professional relationships with multiple roles and levels
- Comfortable with presenting to small and large groups of people
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results driven with focus on producing high-quality, error free service and deliverables
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point); advanced Excel proficiency preferred
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with Cotiviti values
- Licensed MD/DO with clinical and health plan experience
- The role can work at home anywhere in the continental United States (some travel is required).
- Able to use computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Moderate travel required, up to 30% of time average. Although currently all staff are working remotely and not traveling....this will change over time.
- After hours and/or weekend work may be required where necessary for major deliverables /deadlines.
- For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, the majority of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely as well. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.