Will you actively create a healthier future for tomorrow?
At Medibank we’re encouraged to think big. We have a clear purpose to impact better health outcomes for our customers, patients and our community.
We celebrate diversity of thought because we want to make better decisions for our customers. As we work towards our goal of better health for better lives, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and develop Indigenous careers.
Medibank’s Health Services division is a dynamic and progressive business focussed on in-home and community-based care, virtual care, and innovative service design to meet the health care needs of funders and consumers.
Reporting to the Medical Director, the Medical Advisor role will provide clinical support and advice to Medibank’s Health Services business to enable and ensure the delivery of safe, high-quality health care delivery. A key part of the role will be to support effective clinical governance as part of a team of medical and health professionals working across the home and community care divisions. The Medical Advisor will also participate in the development of proposals, tenders, and business cases for new health services and new models of care.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing medical oversight and input into the complaint and clinical incident review process within Health Services to support a positive reporting culture and ensure outcomes are focused on multi-level continual quality improvement activities.
- Providing medical oversight into the clinical credentialing processes in Health Services to ensure all clinical staff is appropriately qualified, skilled, and experienced to provide the scope of clinical practice they have been approved for.
- Providing ongoing clinical support and advice to clinical managers and front-line staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality and safe service.
- Providing clinical input into the design and development of new services or new clinical models within existing services.
- Working with operational staff to identify metrics that measure program success from a clinical perspective.
- Ensuring our health services businesses are well integrated with other parts of the health system, including supporting effective communication and continuity of care.
This is a part-time role of 0.5 FTE (18.75 hours per week) and will be a fixed-term contract for 12 months.
You are an experienced Medical Practitioner with unconditional registration with AHPRA. You are seeking to expand your skillset and utilize your clinical skills to support health system design and team-based collaboration in health service delivery. A clinical background in general practice and/or acute care is preferable. Your experience in the delivery of medical and health services in a large healthcare organization is desirable but not essential.
A career with us
At Medibank, we believe work is something we do, not somewhere we go. Our modes of working – Collaboration, Connection and Concentration – help inform how your day is structured and where you choose to work will vary, depending on your role and requirements.
The wellbeing of our employees is our priority. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments or additional support you may require during the recruitment process, as well as how this role can be flexible for you. Virtual interviews are always on offer and will not adversely impact your application.
All employees who may attend a worksite or any face-to-face work-related activity will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
We offer a range of great benefits, rewards and discounts, and health and wellbeing initiatives. To find out more, click here.
To start small and impact bigger.