About the job
- Haymarket, Sydney location with flexible working arrangements
- Join an organisation dedicated to helping Australians improve their health
- Newly created role. Permanent fulltime position
An exciting opportunity to make a difference in the health of Australians by providing clinical input and expertise across our services.
Healthdirect Australia is a national, government-owned, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing 24/7 health information, advice and referral for all Australians, no matter where they live and when they need help. We work with purpose and are unwavering in our commitment to providing highly reliable and trusted information that help people actively manage and improve their health.
Our virtual health services are easily accessible via multiple channels, including helplines, video call solutions, websites and service finders. These services are essential healthcare alternatives that are available anytime and anywhere for those who might struggle to access face-to-face health services, particularly in the after-hours period and in rural and remote regions.
The past 20 months have been pivotal for the organisation as we rapidly scaled services with efficiency and consistency to support the Government’s COVID-19 effort, including the launch of the National Coronavirus Hotline and supporting the vaccine rollout.
About the opportunity
The Clinical Governance team ensures there are systems in place for the safety, quality and reliability of the services we offer the Australian people. Contributing significantly to the content of our websites and the information and advice offered by our telephone advice lines, this team works to ensure the continuous improvement and enhancements of our services via collecting, reviewing and responding to all incoming feedback and reviewing our consumer data for the benefits of research and evaluation.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Medical Advisor will ensure that the service is clinically appropriate and safe and meets clinical standards and protocols.
Specifically, the Medical Advisor will:
- Deliver services in line with the contracted fund provider requirements
- Oversee clinical appropriateness of content to the relevant platform (app, website)
- Maintain strong relationships with Government clinical health leaders and be a clinical point of contact
- Ensure clinical service delivery meets risk mitigation, privacy, and security objectives
- Provide clinical input and clinical expertise across all services as required, including participating in projects as nominated by the Chief Medical Officer
- Identify and resolve issues that impact shareholders and service funders in a timely manner
What we’re looking for
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with AHPRA, in good standing without sanctions or restrictions with AHPRA
- At least 5 years recent extensive clinical practice experience (general practice, population health), with a minimum 3 years current Australian experience
- Ideally, demonstrated experience in telehealth service delivery or contact centre experience
- Practical experience reporting against clinical governance protocols
- Effective stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage confidently at all levels
- Solid understanding of the organisation of health services in Australia
Why work with us
Our strength comes from our talented and dedicated staff who make a daily difference in the lives of others. We are an organisation with purpose, where the staff are proud to work, care about health consumers, like a challenge, share knowledge and provide real value.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
To find out more about our vision for a healthier Australia that you could be a part of, see our 2021-24 Strategic Plan at https://ahealthieraustralia.healthdirect.gov.au
Please be aware that you must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.