Med Instructor (PT)
The Med Instructor teaches health care content to prepare applicants to take, pass, and score well on health licensure examinations.
- Deliver engaging specialty content to students that will effectively help them prepare for their licensure exams.
- Interact with students in a professional manner.
- Incorporate content revisions as needed, respond to scheduling requests in a timely manner, arrive at the appointed time, deliver the assigned content in the allotted time, and address student questions.
- Make use of current teaching technology such as Adobe Connect and PowerPoint.
- M.D., D.O., D.D.M., D.D.S., Pharm.D., P.A., or Ph.D.
- Preferred 5 years of experience teaching health care students studying to become eligible for the applicable licensure examination or 5 years of experience working with health care students in the clinical settings.
- Non-Ph.D. applicants must have successfully passed the applicable licensure examination.
- Inactive medical licenses will be considered on a case by case basis if they are due to non-disciplinary action.
- Ph.D. applicants must hold a current teaching position in a degree granting institution for health care students studying to become eligible for the applicable licensure examination.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Attributes
- Content expertise in a domain that is a major component of a licensure exam blueprint.
- Effective and efficient communication of knowledge.
- Ability to assess an audience’s level of understanding and adjust a presentation on the fly to correct misunderstandings.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to engage and motivate an audience.
- Experience writing medical education content, learning objectives, and board-style writing assessment items.
Benefits Of Teaching For Kaplan Medical
- Faculty receive compensation for practice class simulation time in advance of teaching to help them to build their teaching and presenting skills.
- Competitive Hourly Teaching Rates.
- Ongoing support and development opportunities as needed.
- Kaplan offers flexibility to work with your schedule.
Job Functional Area
00092 Kaplan Health
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found here .
Individuals hired for KNA positions that require in-person travel and/or interactions must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise prohibited by law. KNA complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community. Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn more about our culture .