Job Description 👩💻
We are looking for a part-time US trained physician to run our clinical education program. You will create and present gold-standard clinical skills content for medical students in the US, supporting their learning in topics such as history taking, physical examination, clinical reasoning/diagnostics.
Do you have a passion for teaching?
Do you leave others in the dust with your quick wit and sense of humour?
What you'll do:
- Create Oscer's clinical education program for medical students within US.
- Present between 2-4x 1hr lectures per month.
- Nurture ongoing relationships with lecture attendees via email.
- Proactively identify themes and opportunities for new content by staying up to date with market/community trends and syncing with our product and user experience teams.
- Reflective and professional approach to teaching and student learning.
- Australian trained physician (MD/MBBS or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- The lecturer must demonstrate teaching achievement as evidenced by positive impact on student learning as well as previous commitment to medical education.
- The successful candidate will be a champion for innovation in online education, educational technology, or other aspects of medical and health professions education.
- Familiar with webinar tools, and fast learner to pick up new project management tools.
👋 Hi! We’re Oscer.
We are building the tools to eliminate missed diagnosis, starting with our education product to train the world’s best clinicians.
In just one year we’ve created the world’s best virtual patients and worked with some of the world’s best institutions. Blackbird Ventures, who invested in us, put us among the most innovative healthcare companies in their portfolio.
We're eliminating missed diagnosis because patients deserve better 🏥!
What you see today in education is a stepping stone, a product that has allowed us to start building our medical knowledge graph that maps inquiries (when did your chest pain start?) to the relevant conditions (heart attack) and presentations (chest pain) in adult medicine. This knowledge graph forms the basis of our virtual patient interactions and with every conversation from our students we’re strengthening our understanding of doctor-patient interactions.
What do we believe in 🙉?
- We create unconventional solutions to difficult problems and we build them fast. We want you to set impossible goals and make them happen, think landing a rocket but the medical version. You'll be surrounded by a world class team of engineers, medicos and designers to do your best work, inspired by our shared beliefs:
- We will stop at nothing to improve patient care across the world
- We design user experiences filled with joy and ship them fast
- We make decisions in a flat hierarchy that prioritises the truth over position
- We provide the resources for people to succeed and give them the freedom to do it
Why you will flourish with us 🚀?
- We will set you up for success from day one, ensuring that your career will flourish.
- Come in at the beginning of one of the most innovative startups in the world with less than 20 people.
- Experience the immediate impact of your work with our users.
- Learn from some of the best engineers, marketers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Nura, Sportsbet, Pepperstone, Goldman, KPMG, IBM.