In this 2-year fixed term role, you will be supporting our Heart Health team to update of the Absolute Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Guidelines.
You will be supporting the delivery of an agreed project plan and coordinating expert steering & clinical groups. It will also involve coordinating expert group led evidence appraisal and development of clinical recommendations as part of the guideline update.
Key areas of accountabilities for this role include:
- Support the project team to refine and update the guideline project plan including outlining the scope, risks, timeframe and stakeholder engagement needs.
- Provide secretariat support for the absolute CVD Risk Guideline advisory group, expert steering group and expert sub-groups.
- Support the drafting of new Absolute CVD Risk Guidelines including the coordination of evidence appraisal, drafting of clinical recommendations and approval and endorsement processes.
- Coordinate the public consultation, launch, dissemination and implementation of the new Absolute CVD Risk Guidelines and algorithm once approved.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging and current cardiovascular clinical issues and research, provide an understanding of the impact and implications for the Heart Foundation's role in leading the guideline and algorithm update.
To be successful for this position you will:
- Tertiary qualification in a medical or health science field or cardiac care.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues in the prevention and treatment of heart disease, with clinical experience in cardiology desirable.
- Demonstrated evidence appraisal skills and application within the clinical setting.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to work with experts in their field.
- Experience managing expert and/or advisory committees is desirable.
- Exposure to guideline and or policy development in primary care, clinical care or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesise complex information and present it in a logical and easy to understand way for a variety of audiences including government, community and committees.
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills.
The Heart Foundation is Australia's leading heart health charity, committed to helping Australians lead healthier lifestyles and encouraging those most at risk to take better care of their heart health. Our One Heart Strategy is focused on prevention, care and support, and research, to both prevent heart disease and improve heart health and quality of life for all Australians. Our staff believe in our purpose, are proud to work at the Heart Foundation and have the opportunity to make a difference every day through challenging and meaningful work. So, come and join our supportive and passionate team and work in a great environment that supports your lifestyle and promotes active living.