This Job is based in Australia
Head of Clinical Campus, Randwick
- Work with some of the best minds in your field.
- Be in a place that’s at the forefront of delivering and sharing education and research.
- Continuing opportunity
About The Role
This senior academic leadership position within the School of Clinical Medicine will have overall responsibility for the strategic and operational leadership of the UNSW academic activities at the assigned Clinical Campus location, and the relationship with the Local Health District/s, Specialty Networks and Affiliated Health Organisations.
You will support the strategic and operational goals of the School of Clinical Medicine, the Faculty of Medicine and Health and UNSW more broadly with innovative and effective leadership in the development and implementation of world class teaching, learning and research programs across the assigned Clinical Campus location.
This position will attract, develop, lead and retain high performing Academic staff, developing and leading a culture of innovation and best practice at the assigned Clinical Campus location.
- A medical degree, with PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline area and an outstanding teaching and/or research record as evidenced by track record, for example publications in top tier journals.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership position within a university setting, bringing together multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Track record as a respected academic, in an appropriate discipline, with an understanding and appreciation of the values and roles of a major research University operating in an international context.
- An entrepreneurial style, a tolerance for ambiguity, and a passion for the missions of education, research, community engagement and the healthcare system.
- Energy, diplomacy with strong skills in analysis and change management. Proven ability to mentor and motivate diverse teams to achieve a high-performance culture, develop future leaders and manage under-performance.
- Demonstrated ability to stand up a new operating unit within a new School, ensuring the success of the strategic vision for the Clinical Campus, and the ability to lead and manage change to achieve that vision.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on the strategic goals of the School of Clinical Medicine, as aligned with Health25, and the ability to lead and manage change to achieve that vision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to encourage staff and students to achieve their best.
- The ability to manage budgets effectively to achieve strategic and operational priorities.
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of required safety management systems.
- A strong clinical background in a relevant medical discipline.
- A proven ability to attract research and/or philanthropic funding.
- Successful interaction with relevant professional organisations and/or evidence of leadership in broader health system management.
- A track record of innovation in education and development of new programs.
For full details of this role and what is required please see the position description found here.
How To Apply
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications should not be sent to the contact listed below. Can you please provide a cover letter addressing your interest in the role and a separate document addressing the key requirements of the role listed in the position description.
Applications will close on Tuesday, 30th November 2021 at 11.30pm.
Merita O’Connell - Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.