Ossium Health deploys cellular therapeutics, bioengineering, and other regenerative medical tools to drive lasting gains in the health, vitality and longevity of human beings. We develop, process, and bank cell therapy products that apply the power of stem cell science to revolutionize treatment for patients with blood and immune diseases. At Ossium, we empower our employees, maintain the highest standards of operational excellence, and are a force for good.
The company has completed research and development of our first set of clinical products, and we’re looking for motivated, high achieving people to help us plan and launch multiple clinical trials at medical research institutions around the United States. The Head of Clinical Affairs will work with executive leadership to drive near and long-term growth across Ossium’s cellular therapy products by identifying clinical partnership opportunities, building relationships with key investigators, and planning and standing up multiple clinical trials for Ossium’s cell therapy products. The work will require you to maintain familiarity with the bone marrow, organ transplantation, and mesenchymal stem cell research ecosystems, envision clinical research collaborations, and initiate and pursue relationships with investigators. You will report to the CEO.
- An MD and residency training is required. At least two years of post-residency clinical experience is preferred.
- Experience with clinical trial planning and oversight, either in an academic or industry setting, is required
- At least 2 years of business experience, including working at life sciences company in a clinical affairs, operations, or business development role or working at a management consultancy for healthcare clients, or similar experience, is required
- Robust problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply logical frameworks and data-driven insights to ambiguous situations to find and execute solutions
- Stellar relationship management skills are required. Candidates should be capable of connecting with business professionals, scientists, and physicians in a manner that quickly leaves a positive impression of the company and generates interest in our products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparing presentations, synthesizing research findings, and drafting external communications and internal reports. Strong MS PowerPoint skills are required
- Capable of operating with a high level of organization and excellent time management in a startup environment. Shows rigorous attention to detail in work product
- Work with the CEO to develop clinical trial roll-out strategies for Ossium’s cellular therapy products
- Be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and digging in to protocol writing, data analysis, documentation, and other critical aspects of trial planning and management
- Provide general business leverage and support to the CEO, including managing a broad range of internal and external facing projects as required in a startup environment.
- Support the development of clinical studies across all of Ossium's therapeutic areas
- Review and approve patient enrollment for Ossium's clinical trials
- Draft protocols for Ossium's clinical trials in collaboration with investigators
- Support the CEO and collaborate with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to plan, close, and implement clinical trial partnerships with leading medical research institutions
- Collaborate with investigators on patient care and evaluation decisions during clinical trials
- Build and maintain relationships with key investigators and thought leaders in relevant fields
- Maintain and provide expertise in emerging research and trends in the fields of hematology, organ transplantation, regenerative medicine, and other relevant disciplines
- Manage clinical trial key performance indicators and own data on the progress of clinical trials
- Contingent on pandemic conditions and consistent with company COVID-19 travel policies, take trips to monitor clinical studies, attend conferences, visit current or prospective medical research partners, or other business needs
Ossium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.