150,000. This is the number of Australians of all ages who will be diagnosed with cancer in 2021. Join us, to make a real difference in patients’ lives.
As a Field-based Medical Advisor in the Novartis Oncology Solid Tumours team, you will be responsible for supporting a selected number of marketed products, and for the development and management of some pipeline assets in solid tumours. This is a newly crafted role to assist talents in their career development to cross between the roles of Medical Scientific Liaison and Medical Advisor. You would also provide detailed up-to-date medical, clinical development and relevant commercial expertise to help Novartis achieve its strategic objectives either in the area of Clinical Drug Development or Marketing. A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally is crucial. This is hybrid role with medical advisor responsibilities, and also field presence and interaction with key medical authorities, professional associations and patient groups, as appropriate.
We are on the search for curious, courageous and collaborative people, like you, to join an inspiring environment. In joining Novartis, you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data - empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you are surrounded by people who share your determination to take on the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop professional relationships; educate and maintain scientific dialogue with medical authorities and key partners to ensure access to current and emerging scientific information on Novartis products and disease areas of interest
- Prepare scientific and medical meeting deliverables; attend and support medical meetings, report customer feedback and evaluate the impact of competitive information to share both internally and externally
- Develop and implement the medical strategy for selected marketed and pipeline assets (including collaboration with the clinical operations team on the feasibility process), working closely with the cross-functional teams (clinical operations, marketing and sales)
- Oversee and handle the medical budget related to your portfolio
- Review and coordinate local Phase IV and 3rd party Investigator Initiated studies, collaborating closely with the relevant partners in the Local Office and above country
- Provide medical and strategic expertise to the commercial teams from the early development phase throughout the life of the product
- Assist Medical Director in projecting credible medical image for Novartis Pharmaceuticals Australia in healthcare and research communities
- Support Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Patient Safety, Marketing, Field teams and Medical Information with medical input as appropriate
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Medical or health science degree (e.g. MBBS, PhD) coupled with validated experience preferred
- Experience as a Medical Scientific Liaison
- You will come with knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, or medical research in Oncology, with working knowledge of the Australian Healthcare System
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and fostering credible relationships with medical authorities and decision makers
- Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyse them within strategic and regulatory settings with a strong personal integrity, and customer focus
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills with effectively chipping in to work on multifunctional teams
- Outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a changing environment
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status or disability.
AU Pharma Pty Ltd
Research & Development