- Part Time, Fixed term position at 24 hours per week
- Fitzroy Location
- Supportive and friendly environment
About the Company
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent's Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
The Haematology Clinical Trials Unit provides coordination and care to haematology patients who are on clinical trials. Clinical treatment is delivered in the outpatient Cancer Centre Chemotherapy Day Unit and also on the 6th floor of the Inpatient Services Building.
About the Role
The Haematology Clinical Trial Ethics coordinator under the guidance of the Unit Manager , will be responsible for assisting in preparation of new trial submissions and ongoing ethics amendment requirements within the Haematology trial Unit. In addition, this role will be responsible for Clinical Trial Data Entry.
Classifications for this position will range between JA6 - JA7 ($77,402.00 - $81,328.00 per annum - pro rata for part time)
- Preparation of trial submissions and ongoing ethics amendment requirements to the Hospital Ethics Committee and Research Governance Units
- E-CRF Clinical trial data entry requirements as directed by Clinical Research Manager
- Prepare and complete annual reports
- Submit to RGO all relevant trial correspondence (SUSARs, line listings, SAEs, Data Monitoring letters etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum one years Haematology Clinical Trials experience
- Experience in clinical research
- Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Completion of Good Clinical Practice training
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
- All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.