Great People. Great Mission. Great Benefits.
Surround yourself with fun, energetic, and hard-working professionals who are dedicated to helping neurologists worldwide provide the best possible care for their patients. The AAN’s headquarters, built in 2012, is a beautiful, energy-efficient office in downtown Minneapolis’s vibrant Mill District, just steps from the light rail, major bus lines, great parking options, walking/biking paths, and countless dining and entertainment options.
The Manager, Health Policy Data Analytics is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and providing leadership for all health services research across the AAN. This position provides oversight and execution of analysis, interpretation, strategy, and management of health policy data needs.
Research & Analytics
• Performs statistical analysis on the cost, quality, value of neurologic care and translates results for wide range of audiences. Manages research timelines and author groups; co-authors manuscripts for publication alongside physicians Translates analytics findings into infographics and brief, digestible content for general audiences and advocacy.
• Develops standard operating procedures for statistical methods of reoccurring data projects.
• Works with analytics staff, Axon Registry staff, informatics staff, and quality measures staff to understand, analyze, validate, and report on data in Axon Registry and to test AAN quality measures.
• Coordinates with the Practice Management Solutions staff to manage the AAN Compensation & Productivity Survey and dashboard development; facilitate NCP member work group and deliver high quality customer service to members.
• Serves as primary liaison to the Health Services Research Subcommittee
• Drives committee goals through monitoring meeting outcomes and ensuring participants stay on track and overcomes obstacles within the project timelines and scope
• Incorporates feedback and input from physician members in research projects and strategic vision
• Provides high quality customer service to physician members
• Responsible for direct employee supervision which includes the selection, training, performance management, compensation administration, and termination of employees
This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, or related field is required
• Master's Degree is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced statistical analysis, econometric analysis and scholarly authorship is required
• Experience in database architecture, health informatics, clinical quality improvement and/or neurological sciences is required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Technical expertise in Stata or SAS programming is required
• Demonstrated project management skills are required
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required
• Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques is required
• Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities are required
• Technical expertise in statistical programming (i.e., R, Python) is preferred
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Travel Requirements: Some travel required – approximately 10%.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Schedule: Frequent evenings and 2-4 weekends per year.
Physical Requirements: Standard office setting, with ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional use of stairs; regular use of computer and office equipment, lifting up to 10 lbs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
•Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
•Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
•Company contribution equal to 10.5 percent of salary to AAN employee 401K retirement savings account
•Medical insurance (Both Traditional PPO and HDHP with HSA contribution)
•Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
•Life and AD&D insurance—premiums covered 100 percent by the AAN
•Long-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
•Short-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
•ID theft protection
•Flexible spending plan
•Dry cleaning (free pickup and delivery)
•Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
•On-site workout facility
The American Academy of Neurology is an equal opportunity employer.
American Academy of Neurology
201 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55415