It’s never just a piece of copy. It’s an opportunity to make great advertising creative, to develop a relationship with our audience, to say something beautiful.
That’s our attitude at Heartbeat. Maybe that’s your attitude too. If it is, we should meet.
Heartbeat, a NYC digital agency focusing on the healthcare sector, is looking for a tough ‘n’ talented Copywriter to partner with us on developing copy for websites, banners, iPad apps and more.
The ideal candidate will have a winsome attitude, understand the ever-changing digital advertising landscape, and understand copy development do’s and don’ts.
But that ain’t all…
- Under direction of the creative leadership, conjure & help evolve top-notch marketing copy that realizes campaign & project objectives in engaging and articulate language
- Pay obsessive attention to narrative consistency, voice & tone, as well as accuracy of content (in partnership with Editorial)
- See copy decks and manuscripts through development and to launch (in partnership with Editorial and Creative Director)
- Write, reference and annotate copy, using AMA or brand style, in preparation for medical/legal review.
- Commit to polishing copy details while maintaining broad perspective on narrative flow and editorial voice
- Incorporate internal team feedback and client medical/legal team feedback in a timely fashion under the direction of a Senior Copywriter
- Maintain brand master reference library
- Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective.
- Experience with writing consumer-focused content.
- 1-3 years of writing experience
- Pharma agency experience is a must
Heartbeat is the full-service agency for healthcare Challenger Brands. So what? So… Challengers are playing a high-stakes game—they must battle behemoth market leaders, upend ingrained treatment habits, or transform a “me-too” product into “yes-please” product. That means we never take the easy road. We are a crew of optimists and activists who believe that “Never Been Done” doesn’t mean “Don’t Ever Do.”
A culture-first, creative community, Heartbeat’s been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by both Ad Age and MM&M. We take a lot of pride in that. Heartbeaters are thinkers and doers with healthcare roots and an appetite for fresh perspectives. We chase after challenges with ingenuity and guts, always striving for better. So if you want to surround yourself with partners who are insightful, inventive, and courageous—well, you just hit the motherload.
That’s the philosophy, here are the creds: 200 employees between NYC & LA; strategy, creative, media, & technology under a single roof; a pile of awards from the likes of the Mannys, MM&M, OMMA, & Clio, not to mention Agency of the Year nominations galore. And led by a President who dared to be quoted: “We celebrate people who stand up and say, ‘You know what? This is dumb.'” Damn straight.