👋 Hi! We’re Oscer.
We are building the tools to eliminate missed diagnosis, starting with our education product to train the world’s best clinicians.
In just one year we’ve created the world’s best virtual patients and worked with some of the world’s best institutions. Blackbird Ventures, who invested in us, put us among the most innovative healthcare companies in their portfolio.
We're eliminating missed diagnosis because patients deserve better 🏥!
Our founder, Dr. Thomas Kelly (Tom) had hundreds of experiences as a junior doctor where patients had incorrect, delayed or missed diagnoses causing stress, harm and even death. With his background in mathematics and interest in deep learning, Oscer was born to eliminate missed diagnosis. We have been inspired by fundamentally new paradigms in deep learning like AlphaZero to build a truly superhuman clinical AI and a completely reconfigured workflow for doctors to provide care to patients.
What you see today in education is a stepping stone, a product that has allowed us to start building our medical knowledge graph that maps inquiries (when did your chest pain start?) to the relevant conditions (heart attack) and presentations (chest pain) in adult medicine. This knowledge graph forms the basis of our virtual patient interactions and with every conversation from our students we’re strengthening our understanding of doctor-patient interactions.
Job Description 👩💻
We are looking for ambitious Content Developers to join our growing Content Team.
You will help us take over clinical education by creating the best medical content in the world. At the same time, help us in our mission to create our medical knowledge graph to eliminate missed diagnosis.
What you'll do:
- Creating content condition sheets, patient scripts and cases
- Assisting in the development of our medical knowledge graph by reviewing and developing the database of intents, entities and inquiries
- Labelling and updating examination signs with relevant information and data using evidence-based medicine
- Manage the upkeep, review and refresh of existing online cases and related content
- Collaborate with the engineering team to increase our accuracy
- Work closely with the product team to shape our future features
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts on our content, sales, product, marketing, and engineering teams
What we'll look for:
- A medical background of some kind (medical student, doctor, nurse, biomedicine, allied health etc.)
- Spectacular attention to detail
- A minimum of 10 hours availability per week
We'd love it if you:
- You want to work in a startup environment where your work is directly linked to our success
- You have a tangential background in health (e.g. have worked for a health-related company prior)
- You have a true passion for our mission to eliminate missed diagnosis in the world
- Had other business interests or talents (engineering, product, marketing etc.)
What do we believe in 🙉?
- We create unconventional solutions to difficult problems and we build them fast. We want you to set impossible goals and make them happen, think landing a rocket but the medical version. You'll be surrounded by a world class team of engineers, medicos and designers to do your best work, inspired by our shared beliefs:
- We will stop at nothing to improve patient care across the world
- We design user experiences filled with joy and ship them fast
- We make decisions in a flat hierarchy that prioritises the truth over position
- We provide the resources for people to succeed and give them the freedom to do it
Why you will flourish with us 🚀?
- We will set you up for success from day one, ensuring that your career will flourish.
- Come in at the beginning of one of the most innovative startups in the world with less than 20 people.
- Experience the immediate impact of your work with our users.
- Learn from some of the best engineers, marketers and creatives, joining a diverse team from Nura, Sportsbet, Pepperstone, Goldman, KPMG, IBM.
Help us eliminate missed diagnosis 🐲!
We’re going to need the strongest among you