- MD, DO, or MBBS degree
- Clinical Informatics board certification or comparable experience
- 10 years Clinical Informatics experience in the private sector or public health
- 5 years of practice experience following a completed residency program
- Experience defining clinical technical specifications and understanding medical vocabulary and interoperability concepts
- Experience developing, managing or guiding a large data platform or interoperability platform on a regional or national basis including facilitating data mapping from multiple systems and sources
- Experience successfully implementing strategies and projects with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with digital health policy and product evaluation, acquisition, and deployment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with national thought leadership and innovation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
About the job
As the Clinical Lead, Data Platform, you will serve as the lead clinician, in Google Health, for ensuring that our data platform effectively serves the needs of clinicians including considerations of strategic evolution of the platform.
Google Health has made major advances in healthcare research, such as detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts, planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours, and working to detect patient deterioration before it happens with electronic records.
Fundamental research is at the core of Google Health - the multidisciplinary team collaborates with partners to publish novel research in renowned scientific journals. They then work to apply this research into the medical field through clinical hardware and products developed in Google. Working alongside colleagues across Google, you’ll help make this vision a reality.
- Be the lead clinical team member supporting clinical architecture, specifications, data modeling, and interoperability elements for the Google for Clinicians data platform.
- Build and deploy a strategy for achieving high levels of clinical interoperability for the platform including, where feasible, semantic interoperability.
- Use clinical informatics and healthcare expertise to provide guidance, insights, and direction on the data platform development and implementation for Google.
- Shape the content, design, and execution of the data platform strategies and tactical deployments.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.