At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare are Australia’s leading aged care provider with 80 Care Communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. We are in high growth, transforming the face of aged care and we invite you to join us on this journey.
This is aged care, but not as you know it.
The Care System Project Manager will lead the transition of a legacy care system and implementation of a new resident-centred care and clinical system to meet the future and ongoing demands of care and clinical assessment, documentation and management on a national level. This role will be responsible for leading the system delivery, along with providing expert leadership in project lifecycle such as planning, configuration, implementation evaluation, optimisation and documentation of the resident-centred care system.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Project Manager with solid aged and/or health care knowledge along with demonstrated clinical and digital systems expertise. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a sector leader, within a high performing team who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. This opportunity is a 12 month contract (with view to potential extension).
The key accountabilities of this role:
- Manage a cross-functional project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that the project adheres to Opal’s project design principles
- Manage the project planning process, ensuring that detailed Project Initiation Documentation is prepared and approved prior to execution
- Provide periodic project status updates to Opal’s Strategic Project Portfolio Steering Committee
- Engage with the Project Portfolio Manager and senior leaders to effectively manage project resourcing levels
- Maintain current project management products including work breakdown structure, schedule, project status dashboard, risk register, benefits register
The successful candidate will hold:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in a health professional or digital health/informatics discipline
- Health sector experience, and specifically, contemporary digital health sector experience
- Highly developed skills in human services design, clinical re-design or project and change management with a track record of leading re-design (i.e. in the health/aged sector)
- Experience of implementation of new service models at scale (or large/complex facilities)
- AHPRA Registered Clinician (desirable)
- 5 + years’ experience in Health or aged care
- Demonstrated experience in impacting resident/customer outcomes
- Proven abilities in supporting digital health initiatives including but not limited to quality and continuous improvement initiatives in an aged care or health care setting
- Demonstrated experience in digital health education and training including application of evidenced-based adult learning methodologies.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical & drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions.