Following our expansion in the global market of health science services, we are looking for a health economics (HE/HEOR) Associate Director within decision analytics team. This role offers an opportunity to expand your professional experience in a fast-growing science-driven healthcare consultancy company where progression and scientific emulation is encouraged. This position will enlarge our global Data and Decision analytics teams standing at the forefront of scientific excellence in the industry. The successful candidate will report to the Global Head of HE modelling and will work closely with other senior scientific staff and consultants within the company.
As a HE/HEOR Associate Director, you will operate in a highly numerate group of HEOR experts and be responsible for the delivery health economic models, reports and other supportive tools. This is an autonomous and visible role and involves providing strategic and technical guidance. As a HE Associate Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage development of health economic solutions
- Develop and adapt HE models including cost-effectiveness and budget-impact models
- Lead technical discussions internally and with clients
- Create and maintain strong cross-functional teams (mathematical modelers, statisticians, systematic reviewers)
- Participate/lead in production of reports, presentations and publications.
- Support proposal development and participate in business development
- Coach and manage 2 to 5 Analysts
- Promote scientific excellence and quality in health economics modeling and statistics
- Support trainings in health economics and modelling
The exact seniority of the role and corresponding responsibilities will be matched with the candidate’s experience and skills.
Education, Experience, Training, And Knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years of Extensive experience in the development of health economics models for submission to reimbursement agencies and/or pharma industry decision-makers and/or health care plan stakeholders
- Experience with literature reviews and desk research.
- Experience using at least one of Excel/VBA, R, SAS, STATA, SPSS, Treeage, C/C++
- Some experience with techniques such as Markov modeling, parametric and non-parametric modeling, linear and non-linear regressions, survival analysis, multivariate regression, discrete event simulations, population matching, predictive modeling, microsimulation is desired
- Pharma industry experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with large healthcare databases and statistical analysis is a strong plus.
- Experience with epidemiological studies is a strong plus.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with line management
- MSc or PhD in Health Economics, Medical Statistics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics or Econometrics, or equivalent is required
Skills & Abilities
- Good knowledge of market access for new drugs in either the USA or Europe
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in international, multi-cultural and multidisciplinary environment
Number of Employees Supervised: 2-5
Certara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Certara does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.